Hostfish is committed to protecting your privacy when you visit our website. You can access Hostfish.com and browse our site without disclosing any of your personal data. Hostfish does not collect personal information about individuals, such as names and mailing or e-mail addresses unless it is knowingly provided by the individual and he or she has agreed to the terms under which Hostfish.com will use it.
Please take a moment to familiarize yourself with our privacy practices and contact us if you have any questions.
Information we collect
Information you voluntarily submit to the Website: We may collect personal information from you such as your name or email address. For example, you may voluntarily submit information to the Website by leaving a comment, subscribing to a newsletter, or submitting a contact form. In addition, you are able to create a user profile, which allows you to create a username and password. We will store the username, but your password will not be visible in our records. When orders are placed through the Website, the Website will store information about the purchase, including your name, address, phone number, email address, IP address and location. This information is used for order fulfillment. You may automatically receive certain correspondence from us related to your order, but your purchase will not automatically add you to any marketing email lists. If you apply for a position at Hostfish or your information is provided in connection with a potential role at Hostfish, we collect the provided information and use it to evaluate your candidacy and contact you.
Information we collect from others: We may receive information about you from other sources. You may link your Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts to your user profile. If you choose to link your Facebook, Instagram, and/or Google accounts to your user profile, we will receive your name, email address and profile picture associated with that account. If you contact us through social media, we will receive your profile information.
Automatically-collected Information: We automatically collect certain information about you and the device with which you access the Website. For example, when you use the Website, we will log your IP address, operating system type, browser type, referring website, pages you viewed, and the dates/times when you accessed the Website. We may also collect information about actions you take when using the Website, such as links clicked.
How your information might be used
We may use the information collected in the following ways:
- To operate, maintain and improve the Website;
- To help us create, develop, deliver and improve our products, services, content and advertising and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes;
- To create your account, identify you as a user of the Website, and customize the Website for your account;
- To send you promotional information, such as newsletters. Each email promotion will provide information on how to opt-out of future mailings;
- To send you administrative communications, such as administrative emails, confirmation emails, technical notices, updates on policies, or security alerts;
- To respond to your comments or inquiries;
- To provide you with user support;
- To perform a contract to which you're a party
- To track and measure advertising on the Website;
- To protect, investigate, and deter against unauthorized or illegal activity;
- To comply with a legal obligation to which Hostfish is subject;
- To determine appropriate services;
- To achieve account and network security purposes, pres-screening or scanning uploaded content;
- To acheive a purpose of the legitimate interests pursued by Hostfish or a third party to whom it may be necessary to disclose information;
- to achieve internal purposes, such as auditing, data analysis and research to improve Hostfish's products, services and customer communications;
- To administer sweepstake, content or similar promotions.
Third-party use of personal information
We may share your personal information with third parties to provide or improve our products and services, including to deliver products at your request, or to help Hostfish market to consumers. When we do, we require those third parties to handle it in accordance with relevant laws.
Additionally, the Website may use third-party service providers to service various aspects of the Website. Each third-party service provider’s use of your personal information is dictated by their respective privacy policies.
It may be necessary − by law, legal process, litigation, and/or requests from public and governmental authorities within or outside your country of residence − for Hostfish to disclose your personal information. We may also disclose information about you if we determine that for purposes of national security, law enforcement, or other issues of public importance, disclosure is necessary or appropriate. We may also disclose information about you, but only where there is a lawful basis for doing so, if we determine that disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce our terms and conditions or protect our operations or users. This could include providing information to public or governmental authorities. Additionally, in the event of a reorganization, merger, or sale we may transfer any and all personal information we collect to the relevant third party.
The Website currently uses the following third-party service providers, possibly among others:
- Stripe. This service is used for payment processing on ecommerce products. At no time is your full banking information passed to the Website. We receive only a small part of your credit card number for reference and information used for order fulfillment and reporting.
Third Party provided personal information
Information collected by third parties, which may include such things as location data or contact details, is governed by their privacy practices. We encourage you to learn about the privacy practices of those third parties.
From time to time, we may use and disclose anonymous data, which does not identify you alone, or when combined with data from other parties. This type of anonymous data may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses. Examples of this anonymous data may include analytics or information collected from cookies.
Publicly visible information
If you leave a comment on the Website, certain information may be publicly visible. if you list your name and email address in a comment, that information may be publically visible. Otherwise your email address will never be available publicly. At your option, you may also add an avatar, a profile description, and a link to your profile on our website.
Cookies and Other Technologies
Users may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies, by the Website, by using a corresponding setting of your internet browser and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. However, if users deactivate the setting of cookies in your Internet browser, not all functions of our Website may be entirely usable.
In some of our email messages, we use a “click-through URL” linked to content on the Hostfish website. When customers click one of these URLs, they pass through a separate URL before arriving at the destination page on our website. We track this click-through data to help us determine interest in particular topics and measure the effectiveness of our customer communications. If you prefer not to be tracked in this way, you should not click text or graphic links in the email messages. Pixel tags enable us to send email messages in a format customers can read, and they tell us whether mail has been opened. We may use this information to reduce or eliminate messages sent to customers.
Affiliate Program Participation
Hostfish makes money by taking part in affiliate programs. When you click on a link we might make a small commission at no extra cost to you. With affiliate marketing, we embed tracking links into the Website. If you click on a link for an affiliate partnership, a cookie will be placed on your browser to track any sales for purposes of commissions.
Hostfish is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and links to Amazon.com. As part of this Amazon Associates program, the Website will post customized links, provided by Amazon, to track the referrals to their website. This program utilizes cookies to track visits for the purposes of assigning commission on these sales.
On the Website, you may subscribe to our newsletter, which may be used for advertising purposes. All newsletters sent may contain tracking pixels. The pixel is embedded in emails and allows an analysis of the success of online marketing campaigns. Because of these tracking pixels, we may see if and when you open an email and which links within the email you click. Also, this allows the Website to adapt the content of future newsletters to the interests of the user. This behavior will not be passed on to third parties.
Google AdSense Programmatic Advertising
The Website uses Google AdSense to manage all third-party advertising on the Website. Third party vendors, including Google, use first and third-party cookies to serve content and advertisements based on a user's prior visits to your website or other websites when you visit the Website. A cookie is a small text file which is sent to your computer or mobile device (referred to in this policy as a “device”) by the web server so that a website can remember some information about your browsing activity on the Website. The cookie may collect information relating to your use of the Website, information about your device such as the device’s IP address and browser type, demographic data and, if you arrived at the Website via a link from a third-party site, the URL of the linking page.
Without cookies you may not be able to take full advantage of the Website content and features. Please note that rejecting cookies does not mean that you will no longer see ads when you visit our Site.The Website may collect IP addresses and location information to serve personalized ads and pass it to another company.
Rights related to your personal information
- Opt-out – You may opt-out of future email communications by following the unsubscribe links in our emails. You may also notify us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be removed from our mailing list.
- Access – You may access the personal information we have about you by submitting a request to email@example.com.
- Amend – You may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to amend or update your personal information.
- Forget – In certain situations, you may request that we erase or forget your personal data. To do so, please submit a request to email@example.com.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes or to complete transactions, or when required by law.
Sensitive personal information
The Website does not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 16. If a parent or guardian believes that the Website has personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 16 in its database, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will use our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
Additional Rights of EEA (European Economic Area) Residents
If you are a resident of a country in the EEA, you have the rights, among others, to:
- access your personal data
- ensure the accuracy of your personal data
- the right to have us delete your personal data
- the right to restrict further processing of your personal data, and
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority in your country of residence in the event that data is misused
If you believe that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your residence, your place of work or the place of the alleged infringement.
You may exercise any of your rights in relation to your personal data by written notice to us addressed to the following: email@example.com.
Additional Rights of California Residents
California Residents: thanks to the Pursuant to the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2019 (“CCPA”), you have certain rights with respect to your personal information. For the purposes of this section, personal information is used as defined in the CCPA. Hostfish reserves the right to verify all requests made pursuant to the CCPA.
Access and Disclosure
You may make a verifiable request that we disclose the categories of personal information we have collected about you, the categories of sources of the personal information we collected about you, the business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling the personal information, the categories of third parties with whom we share your personal information, our use of the personal information and if the personal information was disclosed or sold to third parties, including the categories of personal information sold or disclosed. You also have the right to make a verifiable request for a copy of the personal information collected about you for the twelve (12) months prior to the date of your request.
Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), you, as the California consumer, have the right to request that we do not sell your personal information to any other business or third party. At Hostfish, we do not sell personal information to anyone. However, should we decide to do so within the next 12 months, you will be notified by us immediately and given the option to opt-out. However, you do not need to take any action until we notify you in the future that we intend to sell your personal information. Here is my contact information for getting in touch with me to make requests: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “Exercising CCPA rights” for the email.
Deletion Request Rights
You have the right to request that Hostfish delete any of your personal information that we collected from you and retained, subject to certain exceptions. We may deny your deletion request if retaining the personal information is necessary for us or our service provider(s) to:
- Complete the transaction for which we collected the personal information, provide a good or service that you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you.
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities.
- Debug products to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality.
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law.
- Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act (Cal. Penal Code § 1546 et. seq.).
- Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when the information’s deletion may likely render impossible or seriously impair the research’s achievement if you previously provided informed consent.
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us.
- Comply with a legal obligation.
- Make other internal and lawful uses of that information that are compatible with the context in which you provided it.
We do not sell the personal information of consumers we actually know are less than 16 years of age, unless we receive affirmative authorization (the “right to opt-in”) from either the consumer who is between 13 and 16 years of age or the parent or guardian of a consumer less than 13 years of age.
Children under the age of 13, or equivalent minimum age in the relevant jurisdiction, are not permitted to create their own Hostfish IDs, unless their parent provided verifiable consent.
If you choose to exercise your privacy rights, you have the right to not to receive discriminatory treatment or a lesser degree of service from Hostfish, such as:
- Deny you goods or services.
- Charge you different prices or rates for goods or services, including through granting discounts or other benefits, or imposing penalties.
- Provide you a different level or quality of goods or services.
- Suggest that you may receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
Exercising Your Rights
To exercise the access, disclosure and deletion rights described above, please submit a verifiable request to us by emailing at email@example.com with subject Attn: CCPA.
You may only make a verifiable request for access or disclosure twice within a 12-month period. You may also make a verifiable consumer request on behalf of your minor child. The verifiable consumer request must:
- Provide sufficient information that allows us to reasonably verify you are the person about whom we collected personal information or an authorized representative.
- Describe your request with sufficient detail that allows us to properly understand, evaluate, and respond to it.
To respond to your request or provide you with personal information, Hostfish must verify your identity or your authority to make the request. We will only use personal information provided in a verifiable request to verify the requestor’s identity or authority to make the request. Under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), you, as the California consumer, have the right to request that we do not sell your personal information to any other business or third party. At Gathering Dreams, we do not sell personal information to anyone. However, should we decide to do so within the next 12 months, you will be notified by us immediately and given the option to opt-out. This page is where you will need to come to opt-out. However, you do not need to take any action until we notify you in the future that we intend to sell your personal information. Here is my contact information for getting in touch with me to make requests: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the subject line “Exercising CCPA rights” for the email.
Once you make an opt-out request, we will wait at least twelve (12) months before asking you to reauthorize personal information sales. However, you may change your mind and opt back in to personal information sales at any time by emailing at email@example.com. Consumers who opt-in to personal information sales may opt-out of future sales at any time.
We will respond to a verifiable consumer request within forty-five (45) days of its receipt. If we require more time (up to 90 days), we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing. We will deliver our written response by mail or electronically, at your option. Any disclosures we provide will only cover the 12-month period preceding the verifiable request’s receipt. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
Information Regarding Commercial Electronic Messages in Canada
Contact Hostfish at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you don’t want to be on our mailing lists, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
Information presented on Hostfish is intended for information, education and entertainment purposes only and is not meant to be taken as health, financial, legal or professional advice. The views expressed on this website are personal opinions only and should not be construed as health, financial, legal or professional advice for your given situation. While all attempts are made to present accurate information, it may not be appropriate for your specific circumstances. We are not financial or professional experts and you should seek out a professional before making any changes to your diet or financial decisions.
Hostfish does not hold any liability with regard to nutritional decisions or financial results based on the use of the information provided here.
Furthermore, advertisers, commenters, and linked sites are solely responsible for their views and content – which do not necessarily represent the views of Hostfish.
Hostfish will not be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. Hostfish will not be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.